Newborn Photography Mentoring
Newborn photography mentoring for photographers is here! My mentoring sessions are designed to give you the knowledge to improve your newborn photography skills and grow your business. I like to customize our session to focus on areas that will benefit you most. Our day begins at 9am in my NE Minneapolis studio. Sandwiches will be delivered for lunch. I’ll have a swag bag for you at the end of the day! Come with a list of questions, I’m an open book!
| What’s Covered |
– Prepping your clients for the session
– Styling your sessions, how to choose the best props and coordinate accessories
– How to use studio lighting, including what lighting equipment I’ve used in the past and what I prefer to use now
– Using natural light to backlight and capture dreamy family photos
– Tips and tricks to soothe baby
– How to crop photos and angle yourself to get it right in camera
– Prop and beanbag posing
– Parent and sibling posing, tips on working with younger siblings
– Newborn macro photography; capturing the tiny details of fingers, toes, lips and baby’s face (a macro lens is recommended for learning but not required)
– Newborn safety and spotting
– How to work with an awake baby
– Post processing in ACR and PSCC. My workflow and favorite presets and actions.
– How to create your own actions and batch edit in PS or ACR.
– Marketing, pricing and client management; what’s worked best for me.
| Requirements |
– Must own a DSLR camera and be comfortable shooting in Manual.
– A 35mm lens is preferred but a 50mm will work as well.
– Basic knowledge of Photoshop
| Investment |
1:1 – $1100 for one day
A $500 retainer is required to book with the balance due one week prior to your session.
Ready to grow your newborn photography skills? Contact me via my contact form or at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your day of learning with me.